Pacific Coast Community Resources
CHILD YOUTH WORKER
About the Role
As our Child Youth Worker, you will work as part of a vibrant team to provide care and support to young people living in staffed homes within their community. You’ll encourage and empower the youth we support to be independent, self-determining, and live the life they envision while maintaining excellent standards of care, health, and safety. Your natural ability to care for others and work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team will allow you to influence your team’s success.
- Ensure the supported child’s rights and choices are respected and advocate as needed
- Interact effectively with children we support
- Empower the children we support to be full citizens of their community
- Participate in the development, implementation, and documentation of Personal Service Plans
- Foster positive relationships with the child’s family members, professionals, co-workers, and members of the community
- Assist with activities of daily living and medication administration
- Excellent understanding of behaviour management principles and strategies including mental health needs
- Record the daily activity and personal health information (PHI) of the children we support on our case management database
- To work in conjunction with the children we support to ensure their home is clean and well maintained at all times, including daily food preparation and light housekeeping duties
You will have
- Grade 12 education
- Child and Youth Care Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in community social services working with youth experiencing significant mental health, substance use, and/or concurrent disorder challenges in a multidisciplinary health care setting.
- Experience in Trauma-Informed Practice, Harm Reduction, and Recovery-Oriented Care
- Current Emergency First Aid/CPR and Food Safe certificates
- Previous behaviour management course/training
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal & written) with team members, professionals, families, and community members
- Non-verbal communication skills
- Restricted class 4 driver’s license (for Full-Time positions)
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Criminal record clearance for children and vulnerable adults
- Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) HUB clearance
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. As per current Public Health Orders as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for PCCS must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- TB Test
- Moderate computer literacy
- Eligibility to work in Canada
Why join Pacific Coast Children’s Resources?
Pacific Coast Children’s Resources offers work you can feel fulfilled by through quality programs and services to people who live with disabilities that promote independence, self-growth, and community integration. Pacific Coast Children’s Resources is steadily growing, creating dynamic environments to work and learn. We encourage you to partner with us in fostering healthy, energetic lives by showcasing your passion for care, connecting to the communities we serve and collaborating in our culture of teamwork that makes Pacific Coast Children’s Resources a great place to work.
What we offer
- On-the-job training: MANDT, JOHS, Diversity and Inclusion, Medication Safety,
Confidentiality and Privacy, Trauma-Informed Practice, First Aid and CPR re-certification * Community involvement
- An inclusive, supportive work environment
- Competitive Salary $26.74 – $30.69 per hour
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits package
- Career development opportunities
We believe that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make services better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Our goal is to ensure at every interaction all are welcome, comfortable, and safe.
At Pacific Coast Children’s Resources, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit pacificcoastcommunityresources.applytojob.com.