Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Environmental and Survey company, celebrating over 55 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 300+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, AB, and ON. We are dedicated to nurturing our employees’ growth and development, and providing a supportive environment with a strong emphasis on mentorship and professional development that ensures a rewarding career within our organization.
The Civil Field Inspector will perform field inspections and prepare field review reports and help resolve issues in the field. As a Civil Field Inspector, you will be required to contribute within a team environment. While working with various members of our engineering department, you will receive guidance and direction from assigned Project Managers and Senior Design Staff. Your primary obligations will be the successful implementation of engineering designs; ensuring compliance with local municipal standards and specifications; liaison with Municipal staff and Contractor; and the provision of some construction administration services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of municipal engineering design drawings and correspondence for various land development projects and capital works improvements.
- Perform field inspections for compliance with standards and approved practice.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly inspection reports as required.
- Prepare monthly progress payments and Letter of Credit reduction.
- Liaise with clients, municipal staff, contractors, and the local residents (general public).
- Undertake general construction administration in a consistent, reliable, and timely manner.
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors and municipal staff and make notes and records of the outcomes of these meetings for project record purposes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scope of work outlined on the engineering drawings.
- Understand obligations of the parties under CCDC Stipulated Price or Unit Price Contracts as well as the expectations of the contractor according to the Company’s standard contract document.
- Provide timely responses to all internal and external parties as needed to ensure completion of the works.
- Involvement with the review of draft and final copies of the as-constructed drawings to ensure that the information shown accurately reflects the work performed in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in the field of civil construction is an asset.
- Registered or qualified to register as a Technician or Technologist with ASTTBC is an asset.
- Possess knowledge of local municipal construction standards and specifications.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional, positive attitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet firm deadlines.
- Must have valid Provincial Driver’s License with clean drivers abstract.
- Possess limited knowledge of the construction administration process.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may include Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and other job-related programs.
The salary range for this position is $61,000 to $75,000 per year, commensurate with experience, skillsets, and qualifications.
Benefits & Rewards
- Comprehensive health benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, an employee assistance program, life insurance, AD&D and LTD
- Education assistance program
- Monthly health & fitness allowance
- Group RRSP program & employer matching
- Flexible working arrangements
- Equal opportunities for career growth and advancement within the organization
- Fun social, team building events and professional development activities
- A Culture that supports learning, collaboration, and work-life balance
Aplin Martin is committed to fostering a supportive, diverse, and inclusive work environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and empowered to bring their authentic sleeves to work. We actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance during the hiring process, please reach out at .
Aplin Martin is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit aplinmartin.applytojob.com.