PARC Retirement Living
Full-Time (30-40 hrs) | Temporary Contract: April – September (Possibility of Extension) | Hourly Rate: $25.53 – $28.04
Are you a creative culinary professional who is full of energy and fresh ideas? Are you looking for more meaning in your work?
PARC Retirement Living is an award-winning developer and operator of independent senior-living communities. We’re seeking a Cook1 to join our team at the Oceana PARC community in White Rock.
About working at PARC
The PARC dining experience is as fast-paced and service-oriented as any high-end restaurant or café – and our cuisine rivals the best, too! But PARC is also the place our residents call home. So, as you become a member of our close-knit team, you’ll forge close relationships with the seniors who live here.
As a PARC Cook1, you’re a member of our Food and Beverage team, responsible for:
- Creating an incredible dining experience for our residents and guests.
- Preparing and serving meals in a restaurant setting – and bistro-style – with flourish, according proper food-handling procedures.
- Maintaining a clean kitchen and work space.
- Assisting with receiving and storing food deliveries.
- Preparing and serving residents at proper temperatures and in appropriate portions.
The perks of PARC Hospitality
- Meaningful work. How many hospitality jobs can say that? At PARC, you’ll be making a positive difference in seniors’ lives, each and every day.
- Refreshments while you work. PARC’s chef-prepared cuisine rivals the best in BC, and we offer subsidized daily meals and beverages to employees.
- No more late nights. Unlike the rest of the hospitality world, our closing shift ends at 9 p.m.
- Flexible hours and location. We’re open to scheduling when and where it works for you – with guaranteed shifts every week. PARC has five great locations across the Lower Mainland.
- A supportive, diverse team and training opportunities. We believe in giving our people opportunities to advance wherever we can.
- High-value benefits. We offer Extended Health, Dental, Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance, plus an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), to help protect your health, family and way of life. Plus: birthdays off with pay, parental top-ups and much more!
It takes a special kind of person to work here – does this sound like you?
- You’re upbeat and positive; bringing great energy to your work day to day.
- You can hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re a details person, an excellent communicator and a customer-service star.
- You have a culinary diploma or equivalent experience and skills, along with your Food Safe Level 1 and WHMIS certifications.
- You have a true flair for creative food preparation, along with knowledge and experience in portion control, menus and the use of commercial kitchen equipment.
- You understand and respect the needs of seniors, their families, and and other professional services engaged with our residents.
At PARC Retirement Living we understand the importance of immunization to protect our residents, team members and visitors from COVID-19. A such, a prerequisite of employment is that all new hires are fully vaccinated as approved by Health Canada.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit parcretirementliving.applytojob.com.