Our focus is on our customers and our team members. As Canada’s only not-for-profit security company, over 90% of our revenues go directly back to our team members in wages, health & dental benefits, RRSP contributions, employee recognition programs, and more.
Be part of a great team where your contribution is recognized. We offer opportunities to service a range of different customers. If interested in advancement, there is plenty of opportunity. We are a dedicated equal opportunity employer with both structured and flexible shifts available across Vancouver Island and into the Yukon to suit every lifestyle – student, parent, night owl, you name it!
As one of Canada’s leading security organizations, our security professionals keep airports, schools, government facilities, and other commercial enterprises safe. We also work with police departments and municipalities to help in keeping Canadians safe.
Make a difference!
Location: Various sites in Nanaimo
Position Status: Full-Time or Part-Time available
Wage Range: $19.00 per hour plus RSP
Shifts: Various days, evenings, and overnight shifts
Reports to: Site Supervisor
- Provide superior customer service to clients and general public.
- Provide access control and security foot patrols as needed.
- Proactively respond to and resolve emergency situations and conflicts.
- Complete evacuation and emergency response procedures.
- Communicate problems or concerns to the site supervisor.
- Possess excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing and organizational abilities.
- Have knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations.
- Perform all duties with high safety standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a valid BC Security Workers License or be willing to complete training.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be able to obtain a Reliability Clearance and be minimum 19 years of age.
- Must be physically fit and able to stand for long periods at a time.
- Must be able to work in a range of weather conditions throughout shift.
- Commissionaires Security Guard Online Course (CSOC)
- Must be fluent in the English language – written, verbal and reading skills.
- Must have a positive attitude with a professional demenour, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent attention to detail to fulfill duties and responsibilities and incident report writing.
- Have excellent problem solving skills with an ability to handle emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Have the ability to work independently and make sound decisions in varying situations.
- Have a demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Free and paid training programs.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- A variety of shifts to maximize work-life balance!
- Exclusive partnership rates with BMO, Bell, and Hero Travel program
- Recognition and reward programs.
- Extended health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Free uniform and dry-cleaning reimbursement.
- Safety boot reimbursement and PPE provided (as applicable).
- RRSP contributions.
- Referral bonuses.
- And more!
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit commissionairesvictoriatheislandsandyukon.applytojob.com.