City of Belleville
File Number: SV24-24
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time
Number of Positions: Six (6)
Hourly Rate: $17.07 per hour
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, Sunday to Saturday, varied schedule
Department: Community Services
Employee Group: Administrative Group
Work Location: Meyers Pier and Victoria Harbour (1 South Front Street, Belleville, ON)
Approximate Contract Length: May to September/October 2024
Closing Date: February 19, 2024, at 4:30 PM
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Reporting directly to the Harbour Supervisor, the Harbour Attendant will be primarily responsible for providing excellent customer service, selling fuel, and maintaining the harbour facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with community members, provide tourism related information such as restaurants, attractions, things to do, and current events.
- Answering questions related to the marina and the City, as a whole, including rental costs for daily, weekly, monthly, and annual slip rentals.
- Provide information to colleagues within the Community Services Department, related to slip rentals, current occupied areas, etc.
- Perform daily tasks such as cleaning, tidying and basic maintenance around the marina.
- Refuel boats.
- Pump boat’s septic system
- Receive payment from customers and balance the till daily.
- Answer telephone, email, and radio calls.
- Work with a high degree of independence to perform duties and tasks as assigned and take the initiative to remain busy.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to perform tasks such as docking boats, performing basic maintenance, cleaning, etc.
Note:Above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- At minimum required to be enrolled in high school.
- Must have a valid pleasure craft operator card.
- Boat operation knowledge including proper docking/tie up.
- Experience with cash, debit and credit card payments and accurately recording andbalancing at end of shift.
- Must be highly motivated and organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be reliable, pleasant, and responsive to the needs of customers and staff.
- Extensive customer service experience and previous experience working with the public an asset.
- Previous fuel attendant experience of at least one (1) year an asset.
- Available to work weekends and statutory holidays.
How to Apply:
We thank all applicants who apply for their interest, however, only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Please be advised that the City of Belleville uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job postings. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked frequently and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time-sensitive correspondence regarding recruitments via email, it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the job posting.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit cityofbelleville.applytojob.com.