Senate of Canada
The Senate plays a unique role in shaping our country’s democracy. As members of the upper house of Parliament, senators examine legislation, study public policy, champion causes and conduct interparliamentary diplomacy.
As a workplace, the Senate is composed of dynamic people representing our nation’s diverse talents, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is provided full and equal opportunity and access to employment, development and advancement. Build and advance your career by joining a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to excellence in support of senators and the institution.
How will you contribute?
As a member of the operations team in the Property and Services Directorate, you will help maintain the Senate buildings in accordance with established cleaning service standards.
You will be responsible for the “light duty” cleaning aspects such as waste and recycling management, dusting, vacuuming, maintenance of heritage furniture of Senate offices in and around Parliament.
The general public to staff for (4) determinate position (Full-Time) for a period of six (6) months in the Properties and Services Directorate.
The work schedule is Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
This selection process may be used to staff determinate or indeterminate positions at the same level with similar requirements.
We encourage individuals from underrepresented and minority groups to apply.
- Successful completion of secondary school education or an acceptable combination of education, training and related experience;
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in cleaning commercial, public or private buildings (demonstrated cleaning techniques, methods and practices);
- Experience in safely using a variety of cleaning products on different surfaces;
- Experience in using the tools and equipment necessary to clean different environment or surfaces (for example, industrial vacuum cleaner, dry mop);
- Successfully completed studies or training in a related field such as general building maintenance, building cleaning and public building cleaning is considered an asset;
- Ability to apply stripping, deep-cleaning, floor finishing, polishing, carpet cleaning and stain removal techniques is considered an asset.
Teamwork and cooperation
The Senate of Canada is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace where all employees are provided full and equal access to employment, development, and advancement opportunities.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates must consent to supply personal information and obtain a security accreditation in order to be eligible for appointment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs-emplois.sen.parl.gc.ca.