Monarch House is a child development centre providing seamless services to families impacted with Autism Spectrum Disorder and related developmental delays.
If you are passionate about helping children and youth communicate to the best of their ability and enhancing their relationships while maximizing their quality of life, this is your chance to work with an interdisciplinary team to reach your goals.
The health and safety of our staff is our #1 priority. As you care for others, Monarch House will care for you. Monarch House has safety measures in place to keep you, your family, and your clients safe. Our approach to virtual care incorporates the use of advanced, secure virtual technology, and a full-service client concierge, to deliver effective treatment where you can connect directly with your clients to assist in their care as well as facilitate consultations.
As a Junior Behaviour Consultant at Monarch House, under the supervision of BCBAs, you will be responsible for assessing, designing, monitoring, and supervising ABA interventions for children and youth with ASD, other developmental disabilities, or other learning and behaviour needs. You will be responsible primarily for clients in the ABA program.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $52,500.00-$55,500.00 per year
Work schedule: Flexible (4-day or 5 day work week) with evening availability (8pm, latest)
Take an inside look at what you will do each day:
- Assess client needs and caregiver priorities
- Develop, monitor, and supervise a behavior plan for each client, targeting areas of skill acquisition and problem behaviour reduction
- Conduct Functional Analyses
- Provide training to caregiver
- Provide training and regular feedback reviews for behaviour interventionists
- Lead team meetings and work collaboratively with caregivers and other professionals
- Develop and update treatment plans as required
- Maintain knowledge in current evidence-based practices
- Supervise graduate students pursuing certification and other ABA students (e.g., practicum students), if appropriate
- Supervise and mentor behaviour interventionists and Registered Behaviour Technicians™ (RBT®)
Here is what you will need to be successful
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Current police check for the vulnerable sector
- Enrollment in master’s degree in applied Behaviour Analysis
- Certified as a BCaBA™ or RBT® (not requirement)
- Experience with conducting Functional Analyses and functional behaviour assessments
- Experience with using ABLLS-R, VB-MAPP, and/or EFL assessment tools
What Monarch House can offer to you!
We are proud of our friendly environment, supportive leadership and the knowledgeable team members who make it all possible. That is why we do everything we can to show our appreciation. Our training, mentoring and education programs will provide you with opportunities for continued learning – and support and guidance whenever you need it.
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits package fully covered by Monarch House, if eligible
- Achieve work-life balance working in a city you love at any one of our 6 Canadian locations as well as virtual care options
- Exceptional thought leadership and mentorship
- Be part of a growing, diverse company
- Work in a supportive team environment, where you can grow professionally for continuous learning and skills development
- Autonomy to explore and reach your career goals including the opportunity to progress to management
As you care for others, Monarch House will care for you by providing the Personal Protective Equipment (E.g., gloves, masks, eye protection), training and resources that you need to feel confident every day.
We are committed to making a difference in people’s lives – and that starts with yours. You will enjoy a flexible schedule that allows you to achieve your goals at work and at home, with a balance of teamwork and independence. We have a team of Supervisors and motivated colleagues who are excited to meet and support you!
Established in 2009 in British Columbia as an interdisciplinary treatment centre for individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and their families, Monarch House has now expanded its geographic network and services to include the full range of services for individuals with academic, behaviour, communication, learning, motor, physical, speech, social and vocational needs.
Monarch House is a dynamic team of professionals providing challenging career opportunities and fulfilling roles in British Columbia and Ontario. Our professional staff work collaboratively and/or individually with each client and specifically tailor services to their needs. Our services can be provided in our centres, at clients’ homes and schools, in the community, and in specialized housing settings. Working with the fields’ thought leaders, we conduct our own research and are committed to continuous learning to provide the most effective treatments possible.
Monarch House is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different. Find out more at www.monarchhouse.ca/.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit monarchhouse.applytojob.com.