Ocean Park Mechanical
Ocean Park Mechanical (OPM) is one of the premier design-build mechanical contractors of Western USA and Western Canada, with operations in Washington, Oregon, California, and British Columbia. Specializing in value added engineering and design-build projects, our goal is always to build the most efficient systems for the best value possible.
With projects ranging from low-rise and high-rise residential, hotels, and offices, as well as industrial and commercial projects, we have continually proven our ability and desire to provide the best service possible for our clients. By providing the majority of mechanical requirements in-house, including engineering, 3D-design, plumbing, sheet metal, HVAC, refrigeration, and controls, we are a “ONE-STOP” shop for any project.
OPM has an incredible opportunity for a Junior Project Accountant to join our team in our South Surrey, BC office. This role is ideal for someone who is a motivated self-starter who strives to exceed expectations and is a team player.
When you join Ocean Park Mechanical, you will enjoy:
- $50,000-60,000 Annually DOE and Career Growth Opportunities
- Extended Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, EAP, etc.)
- $500 Annually in Health Care Spending Account / Healthy Living Account
- Employer RRSP Matching
- Great Company Culture
- Team building events (Golf Tournament, Hockey Games, Christmas Party, etc.)
The Junior Project Accountant reports directly to the Job Cost Manager.
- Prepare monthly job reports including labour, material, and equipment
- Prepare project estimates and underlying performance variances against forecasts
- Administration and data entry of job phase codes into ERP system
- Assist in setting up project tracking process
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets
- Independently organize and prioritize tasks to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Liaise with Project Management team
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the internal Project Management team
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- 1 – 2 years of previous experience in project accounting
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or equivalent
- Intermediate to advanced level MS Excel skills, prior experience creating Macros, Pivot tables, advanced formulas, filtering, and organizing large volume of data
- Experience with Viewpoint Spectrum and/or Traqspera considered an asset
- Experience in construction industry considered an asset
Skills & Proficiencies:
- Strong attention to detail and high level of organization
- Self-motivated and able to lead and motivate team members
- Thoughtful and confident decision-making skills with high ethical standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Service-oriented approach in working with technical and non-technical business owners and different personality types
Ocean Park Mechanical is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity and encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you’re interested in a fulfilling career with Ocean Park Mechanical, please submit your application. Only those candidates who meet the job requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit oceanpm.applytojob.com.