County of Peterborough
We’re on the lookout for top-tier talent to join our upper-tier municipality! If you’re ready to take your career to new heights, learn from some of the best local government experts, or are just interested in being a part of positive work culture, where opportunities for growth and career advancement exist – we want to hear from you! Seize the opportunity to contribute to a future that will leave a lasting impact for generations. Take action today by applying and join us in shaping tomorrow together!
Why join us?
Because we are more than maintaining roads and bridges or providing land paramedic services – we’re about creating a community that thrives. At Peterborough County, we are the heart of the Kawartha’s! We offer more than just a job; we provide opportunities to fuel your passion for public service, collaborate with dynamic teams, and foster continuous learning and growth. Make a living and a life in a place that’s not just a County; it’s a community of innovation and progress. Join us and be a part of something special.
Perks of the job:
- $16.86 per hour (pending review)
- Opportunity to work outdoors.
- A rewarding contract serving the Peterborough County community.
- Enrollment in the OMERS pension.
- A wellness committee that hosts challenges, events and lunch-and-learns to promote employee socialization and engagement.
- A collaborative team environment.
- A great location that offers a diverse landscape, tourist attractions, a booming downtown scene, a lively arts community, and a strong local business sector.
What does the job look like?
Working with the Operations Division of the Planning and Public Works Department you will provide labour support for road maintenance activities and protect the crew and public by performing traffic control (flagging) duties.
The Operations Division encourages and supports the County’s corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative/self-management, leadership, accountability and flexibility/adaptability.
This job is for you if…
- You enjoy working outdoors and like new challenges
- You are able to work safely in a team environment
- You are dependable and interested in a compressed work week with Fridays off
- You are comfortable working with small tools and driving light-duty vehicles
- You are eager to learn transferable skills
- You are looking for long-term career growth and development opportunities
- You can work responsibly in a public setting
Selection Process: Get ready to showcase your skills! The selection process is expected to take place throughout January and February. Keep a close eye on your email to ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Application Deadline: February 26, 2024 at 12:00pm (noon)
- Estimated Start Date: May 6, 2024
- Position Group: Non-Union, Seasonal
- Openings: 8
- Hours per Week: 40
- Competition #: NUG-24-08
Peterborough County embraces diversity and is an equal-opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process. Join us in building a diverse and inclusive workplace!
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries should be directed to Human Resources.
If you require this information in an accessible format, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-743-0380.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit peterboroughcounty.applytojob.com.