Edgewood Health Network Inc
EHN Canada is the nation’s largest private network of industry-leading mental health, trauma, and addiction treatment facilities, each with a passion for providing quality treatment for Canadians. We are committed to both caring for our patients and supporting their loved ones. With over 100 years of collective experience, our inpatient, outpatient, and online programs are offered across the country, providing essential compassionate care to patients wherever they are. EHN Canada prides themselves on providing both excellent and accessible care to all Canadians.
Learn more at
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, come join us!
Bellwood Health Services is seeking a full-time Occupational Therapist (OT) with mental health expertise to work with clients in our trauma and mood and anxiety programs. The OT will provide high quality case management, clinical treatment, and advocacy for clients seeking treatment for issues related to substance use, mental health, and occupational and/or interpersonal trauma. The incumbent is a member of an interdisciplinary team and is responsible for active participation in treatment team meetings and client-centered care planning. As a skilled clinician, you are interested in working with a diverse client population and have experience working with clients with PTSD, mood and/or anxiety disorders, and addictions.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST responsibilities/duties include
- Provision of client assessment and treatment using evidence-based treatment modalities
- Identification of treatment goals with clients while coordinating across broader clinical teams, when appropriate
- Ongoing evaluation of clients’ progress throughout treatment
- Provision of psychoeducational and process group sessions, using evidence-based treatment modalities
- Work in partnership with clients, families, the interdisciplinary team, referral sources, and others within the circle of care on a regular and timely basis
- Provide case coordination in consultation with the interprofessional team and with external providers; collaborate with stakeholders in the development, implementation, and follow-up of clients’ aftercare plan
- Completion of comprehensive documentation and reporting in a timely manner in accordance with relevant College standards
- Participate in weekly clinical rounds and peer consultation
- Contribute to various quality improvement and quality assurance initiatives
- Engage in other duties within scope of practice and provide coverage in other treatment programs as required
- Engage in personal and professional development, maintain appropriate professional associations, and provide current documentation to the Human Resources Department
- Other duties as assigned, including providing coverage in other programs as required
- Completion of a Master’s degree program in Occupational Therapy required
- Registration and good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario required; professional liability insurance required
- Recent clinical experience working with mental health populations required; experience working with clients with PTSD, mood and anxiety disorders, addictions and eating disorders an asset
- Mental health experience, specifically in trauma is an asset.
- Experience working with evidence-based treatment modalities such as CBT, DBT, IFS, CPT, EFFT etc. an asset; experience providing exposure-based interventions desirable
- Experience working in a live-in or partial-hospitalization mental health and addiction treatment setting an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a diverse group of clients, the interdisciplinary team, and external partners/stakeholders required
- Excellent documentation and report writing skills required
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgment in a fast-paced environment, often with competing priorities
- Evidence of ongoing professional development in mental health and addictions
Employee Benefits and Perks:
Comprehensive benefits package, including a yearly allowance of $1,500 for mental health and addiction services, as well as $500 per service for various paramedical services, such as massage and physiotherapy
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program through LifeWorks
- Competitive paid time off policies, including a paid day off on your birthday
- Access to in-house fitness facilities where applicable or discounted external gym memberships
- Remote or hybrid work models for eligible employees
- Perks and discounts with Perkopolis – entertainment, home/auto/pet insurance
- Personal and professional development through our Education Support Assistance program
- Nationwide presence allows for supportive relocation opportunities
- Defined Benefit pension through CAAT with up to a 4% employer contribution
- Maternity and parental leave top-up
- Access to discounts at Kids & Co. Daycare
EHN Canada is an employment equity employer. If you should require accommodation during the interview process, please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit hosted-apply.jobtarget.com.