Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
You lead a team that delivers best in class guest experiences, building connections and committing to bold objectives both in-store and in our communities. You are an entrepreneurial manager with the ability to expect change, embrace ambiguity, and deliver. You are responsible for all aspects of the retail store operations, and for the strategy and development of your people and communities.
You are product-obsessed and seek any chance to get outside to experiment and learn firsthand how our product performs. You prioritize your connection with nature and celebrate others doing the same. This enthusiasm for our brand, product, and values inspires your team, which in turn elevates the guest experience, creating space for everyone to find their Outer Peace.
You intuitively find moments to reflect and celebrate achievements, and you create leadership development opportunities within your business to ensure the highest level of engagement for your team. You build capabilities within your team to drive strategy and achieve results for your business both today, and for the future. You recognize that we create a better world, together. \n
As an Arc’teryx Store Manager, here’s what you’d be doing:
- Leading a team in alignment with the Arc’teryx Vision, Purpose and Values
- Managing the oversight and leadership of the floor which includes the five pillars of the business (experience, product, community operations and people), you are well rounded in all five pillars through training and time in role
- Leading the training and coaching of a high performing team through the lens of the Arc’teryx Guest Journey and our commitment to best-in-class guest experience
- Championing floor leadership and exceptional guest experience by leading from the floor 80% of your week
- Overseeing the entire employee experience from onboarding through offboarding(hiring, training, developing, performance management, and termination)
- Running a profitable store by enrolling the entire team to achieve sales targets and driving discipline in labor planning and controllable expenses
- Owning hours management and scheduling for your team with a deep commitment to the guest and employee experiences
- Building partnerships within your community to discover brand ambassadors and influencers to drive increased brand awareness
- Owning all product/inventory management at your store, including executing product walkthroughs, overseeing visual merchandising and sell-through
- Utilizing company tools to strategically plan your store budget and labor hours, with full accountability for the results
- Leading weekly leadership meetings to inform on brand updates and the five areas of the business (People, Product, Community, Operation and Finance)
Are you our next Store Manager?
- You have 3-5 years of leadership and retail management experience
- You have dynamic leadership skills with the ability to recruit, hire, train, lead, motivate, retain and develop future leaders
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously evolve to achieve great results
- You have a passion for service and delivering an exceptional experience for guests
- You have proven financial acumen to include: budgeting and forecasting sales, gross margin, expense control and net profit
- You have proven ability to set a clear vision, align your team around common goals and foster commitment to these objectives
- You seek the best (not necessarily the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for leading is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent time management and problem-solving ability
- Efficient with Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Excel, etc)
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- All employees’ availability must reflect the needs of the business, which may change from time to time. The Store Manager determines the availability needs (in partnership with the Regional Manager), and this schedule could include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- All employees are expected to be available to work “Black Friday” (the day after US Thanksgiving) and from the second week of December until the end of the holiday season, to be defined each year based in part on the time period guests are permitted to return holiday merchandise, on an annual basis.
- You are fully accountable for and oversee the execution of all deliverables on the Store Manager Role and Responsibilities document, and you perform the role responsibilities of the Product Guide, Lead and Assistant Store Manager as needed
$63,900 – $118,900 a year
A reasonable estimate of the pay range is $63,900 – $118,900 CAD at the time of this posting. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as, store volume, job-related skills, relevant experience, education and/or training.
Please note that the range details above reflect the base pay only and does not include our competitive bonus program and benefits that we offer. \n
Hours: Full Time – 40 hours per week (five days a week)
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.