The Squamish Lifestyle is a Force of its Own
Tucked between the mountains and the sea, Squamish offers a lifestyle that is unlike anywhere else. After work, Squamish residents can access some of the best biking and hiking trails on the West Coast or jump on their SUP or kiteboard while enjoying the breathtaking waters of the Howe Sound. Squamish is also known as one of the best places in the world for rock-climbing and winter brings more outdoor recreation with easy access to world renowned mountain resorts and backcountry skiing.
Beyond the outdoors, Squamish is brimming with growth, making it an increasingly attractive place to live and work. Squamish has it all; indoor recreation activities, an eclectic shopping scene, vibrant arts & culture, craft breweries, fine dining and international cuisine. Squamish has seen strong growth in population resulting in an increase to services and amenities; a small town feel with big town services. Community spirit is strong in Squamish; a special feeling of belonging exists and there is no shortage of community events, classes and causes for those looking to get involved. With the combination of Squamish’s amazing location, infrastructure, young educated residents and outdoor lifestyle, there is no better place to live, work and play.
Cardinal Concrete, a division of Holcim, is currently accepting resumes for a ticketed Millwright or Welder to maintain, improve, and optimize the mechanical operations for our Squamish based Ready Mix Plant. This is a permanent, full-time, hourly opportunity.
The primary responsibilities of this position are: keeping all plant production and service equipment in reliable operating condition and maintenance of equipment on the Plant. Millwrights at the Squamish Plant perform planned and breakdown maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Service, repair, and install bilge pumps, motors, gears/drives, and hydraulic/pneumatic system
- Service and repair gearboxes, clutches, pumps, and vibrating screens.
- Service and repairs to fixed belt conveyors and portable hydraulic conveyors
- Service and repair the manual mooring winches and mooring lines.
- Maintain paper and electronic records
- Maintain shop equipment and Housekeeping.
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed
- Estimate parts and labor costs
- Maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- Keep accurate records of work completed, parts used, and costs
- All other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Ensures that all work is performed in a safe and efficient fashion. The safety of the individual, coworkers, customers, and the general public is the primary requirement of any and all tasks undertaken.
- Proactively addresses breakdown events with a sense of urgency without compromising safety or product quality requirements.
- Actively inspects and monitors all mechanical equipment to ensure the majority of tasks performed are preventative rather than breakdown maintenance.
- Constantly in pursuit of building and maintaining a “best possible” group of facilities.
Teamwork and Communication:
- Works both individually and as part of a team to accomplish goals.
- Regularly communicates with operational and delivery coworkers and managers to identify and remove constraints of a mechanical or process nature.
- Keeps managers informed and takes responsibility for actions and decisions, both good and bad.
- Journeyman status
- Level C ticket welder
Experience and Skill Set:
- Minimum two (2) years of heavy manufacturing/mining/marine experience.
- A commitment to working safely
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Self-starter: Capacity to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work in various work environments (hot and cold).
- Reliable and dependable
- Experience operating heavy equipment, specifically a loader would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in welding, fabrication & rigging
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and evenings as required by management
- Must be able to walk and stand for periods at a time
Hours: Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm, opportunity for over time
Growth & Development: Develop into an operations role, Maintenance Manager or Shut Down Manager
Compensation: $36 to $42 per hour – depending on experience
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required.
YOUR LAFARGE EXPERIENCE
At Lafarge, there is endless opportunity for you to play your part. Whether you’re in a technical, managerial, or frontline role, you can shape a career that works for you. With us you’ll have the chance to embrace the passion we share for our planet. You’ll be encouraged to seek out diverse perspectives, share your ideas and build the skills and connections you need to perform at your best. Because it’s only when we work together in a culture where everyone thrives, that we can build the world we all want to live in.
To apply for this job please visit careers.holcimgroup.com.