Town of Tillsonburg
Youth Leader – Summer Camp
Town of Tillsonburg is looking for an enthusiastic Youth Leader who will be responsible for the planning and delivery of safe, well balanced, stimulating programming for children aged 4 – 12 years old. This position is responsible for the effective supervision of all participants while enabling them to develop skills, make friends, socialize, build self-esteem and have FUN!
This is a seasonal student position with an option to enroll in OMERS defined pension plan. Start date: June 17, 2024.
End date: August 30, 2024.
The hourly rate: $16.55.
Weekly hours: 40.
Vulnerable Sector Check is required for this position.
- Facilitates youth activities and helps ensure programming is inclusive and adapted to every child’s needs.
- Closely monitors participants’ conduct and provides ongoing supervision.
- Motivate and encourage each child to participate during all activities.
- Keeps attendance records and promptly reports any absences.
- Prioritizes and ensures child well-being, safety, and protection. Evaluates situations of potential risk proactively taking mitigating actions to address such risks.
- Organizes and assists with the set-up and clean-up of all activities.
- Develops and writes lesson plans and adapts plans as required.
- Prepare and implement assigned activities with the use of planning sheets.
- Attend all schedule staff meetings and training sessions.
- Follows all Town policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School Student– minimum of 16 years of age
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C or the ability to obtain it
- HIGH FIVE training in the Principles of Healthy Child Development; Principles in Action; Healthy Mind, Healthy Child or the ability to obtain it.
- Experience working with children.
- Skills in facilitating activities including crafts, sports, music and/or games.
- Ability to facilitate and adapt program plans and activities on a daily basis.
- Excellent customer service and time management skills.
- Hard working, motivated and reliable – with the ability to attend work regularly and punctually.
- Ability to work in a team environment and accept and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deal with the public courteously and effectively.
- Ability to attend all orientation and training sessions.
- Availability to work after school and on weekends.
About the recruitment process
All new Town of Tillsonburg employees are required to complete a police record check.
The Town will accommodate any individual needs you have throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the . Please contact us if you require any accommodations.
The Town of Tillsonburg is an equal opportunity employer and all information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection. We thank all those who apply for positions, but only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit townoftillsonburg.applytojob.com.